Account Executive, Fusion Media Group
Los Angeles, CA
About the Company
Fusion Media Group reaches 100MM unique visitors monthly and FMG includes Gizmodo Media Group, Onion Inc, Splinter News and The Root among other platforms and networks.
About the Role
FMG is seeking a dynamic Account Executive to generate advertising revenue with agency partners. This role requires a persuasive, disciplined self-starter with a passion for hitting sales goals and high-volume activity. An understanding of content marketing and branded content sales experience are an important attribute.
- Develop a deep understanding of FMG product and content capabilities
- Commit to a high activity sales culture, executing a minimum of 5 in-person meetings per week with VP/Director level contacts and an additional 7-10 meetings per week with media teams and multi-cultural agencies
- Procure proposals/homework assignments from each meeting and commit to an innovative follow up strategy (next day on submission etc.)
- Work collaboratively with all levels of staff within our National Sales, Copy Writers, Product, and Marketing teams
- Use FMG’s Sales CRM (NetSuite) for meeting, follow-up and notes.
- Detailed account history and organization is required.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Presentation Skills
- Strong management skills
- Ability to navigate the agency world in smart and effective manner
- Phone and email articulation of media plans, content and ideas
- Ability to set up meetings and move up the ladder within agencies
- Build relationships that lead to renewable business
- Ability to bring in RFP's and close RFP's/Business
- Entertaining is a big part of the ask